ERC-funded postdoc positions in Brussels for 2023/24
Université Libre de Bruxelles (ERC project PASTIS)
Applications are invited for postdoctoral fellowships in PDE analysis and mathematical physics at Université Libre de Bruxelles. Two postdoc positions will be funded by my ERC Starting Grant "Scaling limits of particle systems and microstructural disorder" (PASTIS).
Main research topics
concern the role of microstructural disorder in the dynamics of many-particle systems, beyond homogenization and mean-field limits. Examples of questions of interest include: the rheology of particle suspensions in fluids; random Schrödinger operators and quantum diffusion; collisional relaxation of long-range interacting particle systems; glassy behavior of interacting particle systems in random media.
- The postdoc positions are full-time for 2 years (with possible extension to a 3rd year), with a salary starting at approx. 2700eur/month after all taxes.
- Substantial financial support to attend conferences, workshops, and to invite collaborators will be granted (approx. 6000eur/year).
- No teaching obligation.
- The starting date is flexible and can be anytime between September 2023 and June 2024.
- You will work in a motivated and energetic research group with connections to a strong network of national and international collaborators.
- The math department is located in the pleasant and green setting of the "La Plaine" campus in the heart of Brussels. The city is dynamic, lively, and multicultural, as the capital of the European Union, and is less than 2hours from Paris, London, and Amsterdam.
Application and deadline:
Applications should be sent to me by e-mail
and include a CV, a list of publications, and a 2-page description of research interests. Applications are possible until the two available positions are filled. All applications sent up until May 30, 2023, will be taken into full consideration.